- Email. Democratic Thinker neither collects nor provides email accounts to third parties. WordPress.com policy is here: Privacy
- Editing. Democratic Thinker edits no comments. Democratic Thinker may annotate comments at the end. Otherwise, they will be accepted or deleted as appropriate.
- Decorum. Democratic Thinker will facilitate open discussion by maintaining basic order. Open discussion requires some leeway, but Democratic Thinker has the ultimate responsibility to maintain order.
- The Inquiry pages. These consist of serious discussion about the rights and responsibilities of the American citizen and the American government.
- Posts. These consist of commentary on science, news, entertainment, oddities, and other sundary items of interest.
- Be adult. All comments containing profanity, personal attacks, spam, and probable trolls will be deleted in their entirety. See WordPress.com policy here: Terms and Services. Deleted comments are not retrievable, so save them before posting if you want to keep them.
- Don’t use acronyms without first identifying what they mean, i.e.; United States of America (USA), or USA (United States of America).
- Punctuate. At least close enough to read.
- Spell correctly. At least close enough to be understood.
- Pseudonyms. Real names, as always, are preferable, but Early Americans traditionally used pseudonyms for publishing political opinion, and as such, are respectable. The only objection will be for those usurping the psuedonym of another. These may be deleted, especially if the latter email accounts or IP addresses do not match the former.
- Grammar police are welcome on all pages and top posts. All commenters have the right to their own posts.
- Be patient with the moderation queue. An very busy one-man committee moderates all posts and is frequently away from open routers.
The Inquiry pages
- Stay on topic. Post all off-topic items here: Suggestions & Notes
- Don’t offer unsupported opinions. Wide ranging discussion is needed, but but the reasons for the positions are more so. This is not an opinion poll. Consensus does not enhance understanding.
Democratic Thinker appreciates all observations of this policy. Thank you.